Wow this wedding… wow, wow, wow. I’m not sure where I should even start with Stefanie & Trent‘s big day at the Kortright Centre! I’ve been to this venue almost a DOZEN times, that’s a lot in wedding world, and I still love it… but I’m not sure I’ve ever loved it as much as I did on this day. Stef & Trent are incredible people and so are their friends & family. They are full of life, joy, big emotions, and they are totally ok with the world seeing all of it (more actors & film industry clients please?). I laughed and cried with them from start to finish and was truly sad when I said goodbye at the end of the day. It was perfect.
SO you may wonder why out of ALL THOSE KORTRIGHT weddings am I blogging this one in particular? This is a bit of a weird subject because to me every wedding is beautiful & special, yet I don’t choose to blog everything I shoot. It’s nothing against any particular event but some stand out for several reasons, this one did for sure. Here’s why:
- This wedding had incredible light and began at a lovely (tidy & well lit) getting ready space. A gorgeous outdoor ceremony followed – it was freezing outside but the magical forest was too important to these two to even consider moving indoors. The day ended in a reception space with natural light as well as plenty of string lights adding ambiance to the mood.
- Tons of personal touches! Trent & Stef are so creative & handy, they made SO MUCH of what you’ll see. Not to mention everyone’s unique attire (the girls wore pants you guys… and they rocked it so hard).
- Plenty of time for me to do my thing. I had the bride & groom all to myself for a beautiful first look session and then they were able to enjoy cocktail hour with their family & friends. Having time to create is like…. the best.
- EMOTION!!!! Emotion is where this wedding really stands out. Tears, laughter, sweet glances, big expressions,… all of it. There was no holding back and I was given full access to capture it all.
- Trust. For me this is the biggest thing. Stef & Trent trusted that I would capture who and what was important to them, they were up for anything I suggested even if it meant possibly getting the dress a little dirty. Trust is everything and when I feel that from a client it lets me loosen up and shoot without fear that they will be fretting over every moment. Thank you guys for trusting me!
Thank you Stefanie & Trent for the all access pass to your big day. You two are so wonderful and I am forever grateful for this awesome experience. Please stay friends with me forever!!!! Love you to the moon and back.
xo ~ Jen
Insanely talented vendors for this event include:
Floral Design: Coriander Girl
Event Planning: Love by Lynzie
Band: Oldies 990
Venue & Catering: The Kortright Centre
Wedding Gown: Sash & Bustle
Hair Stylist : Emily Lebel